How long do dental veneers last?
- Success of dental veneers is multifactorial, with the dentist and patient playing a role. When properly planned, designed and placed along with proper oral hygiene and follow up for hygiene recare, veneers can last many years.
- As with any investment, particularly your health, follow up, compliance and maintenance play a major role.
- Depending on your case, your dentist may recommend a splint or nightguard to help protect your veneers and other restorations.
What’s the difference between dental veneers and dental crowns?
- Dental veneers are usually placed on the faces of front teeth and typically require minimal removal or tooth structure.
- Dental crowns usually cover the entire tooth, so they require more tooth structure removal.